It became clear that the YourWelcome tablet would become a much more powerful tool if we were able to attribute in-app behaviour to a particular guest. This would provide a wealth of guest data that we now take for granted.
Users should be able to create, edit and delete a variety of events in a calendar.
The calendar system is used to:
- View & edit bookings
- View & approve service requests
- Setting custom reminders
- Integrate with external reservations calendars (HomeAway, Booking.com etc)
The calendar will be integrated with other external calendars; guest reservations will be imported from third parties, so the system must adhere to web standards (such as ISO 8601, handling timezones).
The calendar has become the backbone of a number of systems in the YourWelcome ecosystem.
- Can integrate 7+ external calendars, including HomeAway and Booking.com
- Enables property managers to sell of late check-outs, via YourWelcome services
This key feature has enabled us to link in-app events to individual bookings; we now customise the guest’s experience based on past behaviour, as well as providing more detailed sales and analytical reporting to our clients.
- ~10000+ reservations added/imported per month in 2018
- 70% YourWelcome customers have connected a third party calendar
- Late check-outs have become YourWelcome’s most-sold additional service